My grandma has always been a selfless, soft-spoken woman, and sitting there, it was clear that her family was her treasure. Each child and grandchild spoke and gave a memory, each felt like they were important to her and her favorite. She has taken the time to bless our lives: give money when we had babies and given cards for every single birthday.
It was lovely, and I love her so much. Her true birthday is Christmas day, but it was so nice to have all but 1 of her grandchildren there and great-grandchildren there.
I had to share a memory, mine was about her buying me a comforter when she knew my BYU married apartment was freezing. She saw a need and filled it. I also talked about how she had a desire after grandpa died and she actually had the freedom to choose...to attend the temple to receive her own covenants. She kept it in her vision, what an example to us.




No comments:
Post a Comment