Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Strawberry Pickin'


We went strawberry picking with Grandma today. We are slowly trimming down the list of things that need to be done around here. We'll clean out the boxes that I have been saving to move tomorrow, but then I am about out of chores. Mom and I both like good projects, we need to find another one I think at least until baby emerges.



The Doctor has decided that I won't be induced until 41 weeks. The hospital will not consider me high-risk induction, and therefore not admit me until next Monday. I had planned on being induced a couple days early like Lil'G, so it is more than frustrating, and I know I need mom's help once that baby is here. So the sooner it comes, the more help I get. But I have to just count my blessings that this baby is healthy, and I was able go on a 3 mile walk today, prune and plant my garden today, and make about 15 little bottles of strawberry jam.

The fields are not quite at their prime for picking, but we all really enjoyed it, and both kids did great with instructions not to pick the white berries. We ate a delicious strawberry pie for dinner

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm in the EXACT situation as YOU. I guess we can commiserate together:) I'm not dilated/swollen/unhealthy and my doctor doesn't want to consider induction until 41 weeks. You'd think by the third pregnancy my body would just go into labor a little early:) but that is not the case. I guess I'm just grateful for a healthy pregnancy! (and that I'm not too miserable)

Lelani said...

Pam, where do you go to pick strawberries?