Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby Prep Work



The belly, by request, I think of myself as Humpty Dumpty these days.

The baby is coming. I had a scare Thursday evening and thought I was in labor, which put me into a panic, because Gary had his boards Friday, and of course could not be reached for like 9 hours, but it was nothing. I didn't want Gary to miss another birth, but I decided I would be okay with it if I had too.

The scare was more to the extend that I hadn't washed my baby carseat, hadn't packed my hospital bag, hadn't vacuumed, stuff that is not so important, but nonetheless put me into a frenzy to get my house in order.

Today we laid mulched, pruned thoroughly, fertilized, and cleaned out the beds. So nice to have a nice day outside. The kids rooms are spotless, the laundry is done. My room needs some work, but that would a require my husband's help and he has agreed that after match day, he will work on cleaning out of this medical school stuff, so I can wait. I still have a list, but it is getting shorter. Hopefully, I will have at least one more week to accomplish everything.




Here is the baby's room finally. We got a new crib, and I painted the diaper changer white, we moved around the furniture a bit too. With every child I have has a little different room set up.

Here is Little G's baby's room.

So I am thinking Benjamin, Christian, or Andrew (and call him Drew). Gary doesn't like Drew (which is my favorite), so it'll probably be one of the other two. What do you think?

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I say go with the name you love most. You never know if you'll get another chance to use it. Good luck deciding!

Erika said...

I like Andrew also.

Meghan said...

Love the room...I think I'll take some pictures of our baby's room as well. You look GREAT! Andrew is one of my favorite names as well. But I also like Christian and Benjamin...all good choices. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them! Good luck in the next few weeks! I wonder if we'll have the babies on the same day???

Brooke said...

I think Christian rolls off the tongue well with your last name. But go with Andrew since you like it.

Melissa said...

Pam!! Let me know if you need me to go, drive or stay in the event Gary is unavailable. If you need some free time without the kiddos under foot. Call me and I will help as much as I can.

Suzy Q said...

He got Gary so you should get Drew, it's only fair.

Angie said...

I agree with Suzy...but Mark suggested you should name him Texas, it also goes well with your last name. (:

Sonia said...

cute nursery. Is lil-g in with lily now? Leia misses L.

Sonia said...

never mind about the tummy picture. You look great!