Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blessings

This week was a hard one, but Leslie has inspired me to be grateful:

1) Gary is done with the first round of med school boards.
2) After 2+ years of not seeing the dentist, I still have no cavities
3) My dad is slowly getting better, and was not hurt worse.
4) We found our lost library movie.
5) We were able to get the spot out of our new carpet thanks to Rug Doctor.
6) My early birthday present is arriving next week (thanks Mom!!!) ... a beautiful new camera.
7) I am glad we have healthy children.
8) After a rainy week, this weekend was gorgeous.
9) I went on a date last night.

I think sometimes God gives us hard weeks to remind us that we have a lot of unseen blessings, or maybe that the "blessing" is that God helps us through weeks like this, when otherwise we might not get through without yelling at our kids, or husbands, or finding any joy in life.

No comments: