Today has been a tough one. Let's be honest...although most moms praise their kids to high heaven (and I do too) some days you want to rip your hair out. Let this be one of them. I don't quite know what the problem is.
It started early, but not too early. By nine I had a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum in the grocery store. Nothing was right. Didn't want to sit in the car attached to the cart, didn't want to not sit in the car, didn't want to be held or push the cart. Just wanted to roll around on the floor. This has been a problem in the past but not quite to this extent. It is not naptime at 9am and I did feed her. Library time was about not sharing with the girl sitting in the adjoining seat, and distracting her until we left the library so screaming would not resume. She's not sick. Where did my happy girl go?
I've got to quell the grocery store weekly rampage somehow..... and don't get me started on getting her teeth brushed, every night is a battle of wills (luckily Gary and switch off in this regard) Any help in the area? Neil?
I'll tell you...can't wait till I'm off shift today.
At least she left the green barette in her hair.
2 comments:
So sorry that you're having a rough day. Every once in a while Katie does that to me as well. For no reason at all she just has a cranky day. I've had many a day and trip to the store ruined because of it. It stinks, but you just have to work through it.
Hopefully you get a reprieve when Gary gets home tonight.
Hugs to you!
I go straight to the doughnuts at the grocery store and then I have until Anthon eats it to be done grocery shopping. I know it's not great, but otherwise he screams 2 minutes into our trip. I was such a great parent before I had kids!!
Post a Comment