So, I am on this new kick. Let me explain how I got there.
L drink whole milk , 2 gallons a week. Gary drink 2% Lactose-free milk (which is pretty expensive and not extremely tasty(when drinking a glass). I usually buy 1 gallon of 1% and it goes bad by the end of the week because I only go through a 1/4....and milk price went up by $1.00 to 3.50 if I buy 2 gallons.
So, I switched to Soy. Although it is more expensive, it lasts longer, and I am getting my soy in, which every women should have (due to the genestein which prevents things like osteoporosis etc. )
And the best part I love it. It is creamy, great for a glass of milk, albeit taste a little funny on my cereal. And the best part is, it is good for me, and less calories than my milk (and still creamy). It is very yummy, kinda like a treat. Soy milk has come a long, long way.
Perhaps some of you think (why not just switch to 1/2 gallon of skim but I was turned off to skim in Provo, where they added powdered milk (probably to increase the watery nutritional content).
We'll see how long this kick lasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment