So, one of my New Year's resolutions is to get Miss L to eat healthier. We actually eat pretty healthy. We eat meat sparingly, eat a lot of beans, and I only buy whole wheat bread. Probably could cut back in the amount of sweets I bake, but.... that's not the goal yet. I probably should just limit the intake more.
But it seems like Miss L only picks at the healthy stuff, aside from cheese, yogurt, beans, and applesauce (which some of that isn't all that healthy when eaten in large quantities). She loves broccoli, peas, tomatoes, and corn, but that is it.
So she had veggies and dip for lunch, and I had a salad. I have recently rediscovered ranch dressing. I don't like mayonnaise in large quantities, but if I mix buttermilk with ranch dressing mix, it tastes wonderful...who knew. Well apparently everyone that posted it on the internet, but besides them.
I have a friend whose 4-year-old loves salads. How do you do it ? We're working on it here.
5 comments:
I drown out the value of the salad with the Ranch and eventually ween them off of the quantity of Ranch as they got use to eating the salads. With Michael and Jessica it always helped to have bacon bits or other salad toppings that they liked to go with it.
B&J love salad, but it was a matter of always putting salad on their plate and insisting that they take one bite. Eventually their palettes just acclimate and they start liking it. B prefers her salad with no dressing, or a smidge of honey mustard. J likes hers with just a couple of drops of ranch, she won't eat it if it has too much dressing. Good luck!
L is being a picky eater right now too. I'm still working on her. I know by experience, she'll come around eventually.
Lily eats brocolli, peas, tomatoes and corn? That's great. All S eats is corn on the cob (in summer)and sweet potatoes. My kids won't eat salad either. I guess I have my work cut out for me!
I have some that love it and some that won't eat it! Salad is hard! Cute pics of you and lil G!
I'm impressed. I cut up one tiny piece of broccoli into Anthon's spaghetti last night, and he about gagged on every bite. Remember how Katie gagged on beets and dad said she still had to drink her milk. I've mocked that for ages-- now I understand. I told Anthon if he spit up his spaghetti, he'd have to eat it again. The gagging stopped.
Post a Comment