Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pottery Recap

So the show was quite an experience. Definitely learned a lot, who knew to put sunscreen on in October, I should've known that, but we both still got burnt to a crisp. Gary was one of very few males to display. Next time we definitely need an indoor booth or a booth under a tent. It wasn't that hot, but it was hot enough that you didn't want to look at merchandise in the sun. I think mostly because of the sun it made us really tired. I was trying to be most pleasant because it Gary's b-day, but by the end I was quite ready to be done.

I thought we would sell all the pots (ambitious me) but we sold about a third, which was pretty good all in all. It was interesting what people liked too, definitely not my same taste, but that okay, I will be decorating my house with a few of my favorite leftovers anyway.

Next time I think Gary will make 1) more large bowls, 2) more sugar dishes 3) more sets of bowls. 4) more teeny tiny pots.

My view from the umbrella.

If you want to see a few cool pots. check out his gallery at the website.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Congrats on selling pots! The website looks awesome, Gary! Your pots look beautiful. I like the ones with lids! That way you can hide things inside and it looks great on the outside. you're very talented.

Leslie said...

way to go!