Let me tell you this is really good, because his good wife (yes me) didn't turn in his registration form until booths were sold old, and begged the organizer (4 emails later) to let him enter. Luckily, someone dropped out this week, and she called called me. The details were worked out, and the only crucial info she need on the spot was...Would he like Chicken Caesar or Mesquite Barbecue for lunch.
*note the easel I got for my B-day from a lovely painter who past away.
Background on Pottery
I was very, very reluctant to buy the kiln and wheel, granted it was "the deal of the lifetime" and "would sell for more than we paid for it" according to Gary. But we had just had a new baby, that was quite a bit more expensive than our first baby, and basically we're students still...poor as church mice (as one of my friends says). However, Gary really needed an outlet after the baby was born. He had been doing more than his share of the work, and had been talking about his pottery studio since we first got married. In fact we took a class together when I was 7 months prego with Miss L and my belly would hit the wheel every time I tried to throw. Anyway, I caved into buying this, but not without a fight. I can't say he has a studio, just a spot in the garage.
However, it has become a little tradition on Saturday nights when the kids go to bed, I go out and talk to Gary while he throws pots, and while I never expect to make money with this hobby, at least it may be self sustaining.
My mom says it is cheaper than having a dog.
Hope all goes well this weekend. Pictures to follow.
3 comments:
I love the sign. I am guessing you painted it b/c it is on your easel. It looks so good!
I may have to stop by his booth. I'll be children free that day.
It if fun to see what you are up to these days. Tell Gary the pots look awesome from the photos.
Post a Comment