Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fun with Cake

I was so discouraged by the appearance of my first round of petit fours, I attempted to do it again. What can I say...I am a perfectionist. I used the same cake recipe as last time. But for the poured fondant, I found this website to help me. Here is a another cool website. I think it would be fun to design cakes for parties/graduations. But we're still on a budget, and I am still an amateur, besides my family is ready for me to stop baking (except for tea parties) Definitely prettier this time. I think the secret is to have a perfectly square little cake before attempting the poured Fondant. I tried White poured fondant and Burgandy.



This one is my favorite.


I made this little cake from the leftover's for Miss L's tea party. I love pretty things.


She loved it too.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I am so impressed! They were so pretty. I think you should have a cake night...we bring all the ingredients and you teach us how.

Pam said...

That would be fun. I don't know how confident in my abilities I am, but it always tastes good.