Thursday, January 24, 2008

Playgroups and projects

This week has seriously flown by. We cleaned like mad on Monday, and then Tuesday hosted our little neighborhood playgroup. The house was spotless, until 10+ children arrived. Now I used to host these playgroups periodically when we all had babies, and the babies did not move much. Then the playgroup group dwindled down to about 4 moms + their 1 toddler, and some with 2 (a toddler and newborn). It was very manageable, and given the size of my house, it was doable.

Tuesday was a different story. I didn't mind inviting new recruits, but my house isn't big enough for 8 moms, 8 2-year-old, and 3-4 newborns. It just isn't. I feel like playgroups are a chance to relax, talk with other moms, and let Miss L get a little socialization, but when you can't hear above the roar, I think it is just too much. I think it will be the last one I host for a while.

I think the ideal playgroup at least at my house is 3-4 moms, and no more than 4 toddlers. Maybe I will feel differently when we can send the kids outside to the backyard.

On a different note, the rest of the week has been relaxing. I have determinded to finish my sewing projects so I can start a quilt for the little one. I finished the top of this one (it has been on the back burner for 'em 3 years now). What do you think? I have no real purpose for it, so it is kind of a waste, but at least it will be done and I can move on to the delicious Turtle quilt I am planning.

No comments: