Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cooking

In my quest to find more interesting foods for dinnertime, I have been on a cooking kick.

Here are my finds:
1) Baba Ghanoush with that eggplant I got for $29 cents, I still have another eggplant left too.
It was really good, I served it at playgroup today with slices of tortilla, everyone loved it.

2) Bombay Potatoes I made this for dinner. Too greasy for us, I think I am on a little of bit of a low spice diet right now to ward off heartburn, and although the bacon fat smells great in the dish, it was a bit too much for my stomach.

3) Chicken tortilla soup, which was really yummy, and used up almost all of my zuchini.

4) Guacamole Mountain- who doesn't love that. I have really loved avocados lately

5) Twice Baked Potatoes- yummy, although I usually do stay away from sour cream for Gary's sake, but I had some leftover from the Guacamole mountain (because he didn't want any on his half.

The key to success is to see how many people have voted for it on Allrecipes.com. If it is over 100 you know it is probably pretty decent.


I have also been on a chocolate kick, but I haven't made anything to die for, I'll let you know when I do.


No comments: