Today was beautiful. Perfect Weather, but very windy. Due to the wind, Lily had a very runny nose, I really don't think she has a cold, but when it is cold or windy outside she tends to get a runny nose, as do I. And she is fine indoors. But we went to the park, because I can not sit inside all day long when Lily is bouncing off the walls. I just told all the other children to not touch Lily, because we had forgotten Kleenexes. I really did. You'd think this was odd, but it seems everytime we go to the park, (and because Lily is still Bald) kids think she is a tiny baby and want to touch her and pat her head. Today I told the other kids she had germs. Maybe I should say that more often. Being a microbiologist, I feel I have a good balance with germs. Some are helpful, some harmful, and I am not obsessed about cleanliness with my child, although we have antibacterial gel, she plays in the wood chips at the park like every other kid. But I do not really like other children I don't know touching Lily's face and ears, and rubbing her head. Is that so wrong?
On a side note, I spent another hour pulling clover out of my lawn. It was very therapeutic. I feel I am the only female in this state who like working outside. But that is okay, I am a country girl at heart. Now if only my tomatoes and blackberries would grow....
2 comments:
I guess I'm a pessimist, but when flu/colds are going around I think it's nearly futile to stop kids from picking them up from other kids.... esp when they go to school. What took me a long time to learn, is NOT to finish something good your child leaves on a plate. I had 5-6 colds before I figured that out w/ Sonia.
i like to pull clover out of my lawn too. i just don't ever have a free hand to do it with. i did pull up some major weeds the other day that someone has been neglecting, though. ahem, neal. :)
Post a Comment