Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ramblings

Missed a few days. Since it is pretty early in the morning, 4:20, to be exact, and I have been reading others blogs, I thought I would just ramble a bit. My questions, friends, family, and strangers is this....

What is the one thing you would like to people to remember you for?

After comtemplating this as only early morning contemplations can bring, I have decided that I hope people remember how much I care about them. Let me explain a little. I am from a family on nonverbal expressors. I am not great at keeping in contact with people I have known, and cared about a lot. I usually send the last email, but if they do not reply I don't really continue. I don't really like talking on the phone, because I think I am bothering people, and I dread calling people I don't have a close relationship with...and I mean dread. I really do think about the people I know and situations they go through a lot... I like everyone to feel comfortable, if they are not, I am not.... I think about people a lot, how I can help them, what they and/or their families are dealing with, and I hope that they know that I think about that. But how would they if I don't verbally express that? And sometimes when I do verbally express that it comes off sounding generic. Maybe everyone feels that way. Gary says I worry/care too much...but he is the same way with his friends (that is something I admire in him).

The interesting thing is that I admire in others is the ability to verbally reach out to people and let them know they care or would help.... and mean it... I guess it is a goal to work toward.

Anyway, how about you?

No comments: