What a week.
Soccer ended this week. As I prayed to know what to do with kids this fall with Covid, quarantine, etc. I felt okay about putting them in soccer and it has been such a delightful season. Grant practiced at the park in front of my house, Ben rode his bike to the park next door. Each having coaches in our ward that I love and respect. Lily and Gary were fortunate enough with combined number and Coed due to Covid to play on the same team with the coach that Lily has had the past 2 years. I really like him as a mentor. They had a great season.
Grant grew to really do better with the running game (he grew into his legs a bit). He discovered he is really midfielder or forward, not so much defense. He was early to every practice, so excited to get to do something with friends.
Ben tried out goalie (aggressive) and played midfield too. I don't think soccer is his main love, but he loved us watching him and yelling for him too.
Lily and Gary being on the same team really has bonded them. Having a pretty talented sister (who scores nearly every game) was fun for Gary. He really grew into the larger field. And ran his tail off. It was so fun to see him play. Lily can do anything she sets her mind to. High School tryouts are in a few weeks.
Halloween had the usual flare. Except no parent volunteers in the classes. We had our yummy dinner with apple cider/dry ice of course. This year was witches fingers (breadsticks) and monster eyeballs (meatballs and noodles). Lily had some girls over for a movie and pumpkin carving. A neighbor had a creepy haunted house.
We finished off the week with fast Sunday. I had some questions on my mind about not being able to meet all the needs of my children, and at tithing settlement today the bishop assured me that my kids were lucky to live in the family that did. It made me feel good about what I have accomplished (despite having to divide my time between children). I have always put them first and I feel good about that.
I have a few goals I would love to make too. I think starting a class is in order. I really would like a masters eventually.





No comments:
Post a Comment