Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thoughts on Life

This weekend has been so nice. We have had a few nice weekends. Last weekend we spent in Dallas with the H* family, getting to see their newly remodeled home and catching up from the past couple years. It was so nice to have the drive up and back to just get to talk to my husband. I was a little worried about the drive and my pregnant belly, but I am glad we accompanied him to his interview.

Gary had his last interview at Emory on Wednesday, and then his clinical board on Friday (luckily it is offered in only 4 cities in the US and ours happens to be one of them). I am quite done buying rental cars, airplane tickets, and hotels for these interviews...so is my credit card.

Now we have to decide what/where is best for us. Hard to think everything in life is so up to chance. I am glad to know there is a God that looks out for us in our big and little decisions.

On a different note, I really love being a mom. It has taken me a while to come to that statement. I can't say I am a natural mom or always wished this to be my life. But none the less, I have come to learn that every career path in life comes with sacrifices and I am glad I have sacrificed for this one.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Even though this is the career path I've always wanted, I never thought motherhood would be THIS HARD. It's hard for me that something I want to be good at is not something I do not have a natural talent with. But it is so rewarding. I understand your sentiment. :) I think you're a good mom.

Good luck with all of your big changes. I am sure you guys will be great.

Meghan said...

I loved the motherhood comment as well. I appreciate you being open and honest about that. I would have just assumed you were a "natural" and that things came easily to you. I appreciate you seeing both sides of the coin and realizing your divine potential.