It snowed in Houston yesterday. I was hoping it wouldn't. We have 2 hibiscus and all of my squash and tomatoes probably are dead this morning. I didn't look. Miss L wanted nothing to do with the snow...too cold she said. It other than dead foliage, it was kinda fun see frosty flakes falling as I taught piano lessons last night.
This is OUR first year for a big tree. I got this one off Freecycle last January. Isn't it pretty?

Gary got home at a relatively decent time yesterday too.

This is what we had for dinner, nothing like Chicken-pot-pie on a cold day.

Okay, Mandy now that I have picked all my green tomatoes, how do I save them?
2 comments:
Lay the tomatoes out somewhere where they can ripen. Preferably out of direct sunlight. If you can, put cardboard or newspaper down underneath them. You ideally want someplace that is cooler, but not cold and then just wait and watch.
We put ours on cardboard down in the office. It's about 65 degrees down there and isn't overly bright. I'd go down and rotate every couple of days.
They don't taste as good as vine-ripened but they're better than store bought. If you're really ambitious you can wrap each fruit individually in newspaper to speed up the ripening process.
Cute tree too!
Post a Comment