Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Jalapeño Poppers
This is my Saturday project that took WAY too long. I feel for the catering business. Appetizers take just as long as meals, and the portion size is WAY smaller. However, my jalapeños from last year reseeded themselves among my beans this year and gave 4 nice size plants. So what to do with 100+ jalapeños? (Especially when 'mild' salsa is usually too hot for me?) Here is my remedy and they are actually really good. The filling has cumin in it, but no hot spices, so I can stand to eat 5-6 before my mouth is ready for water. The best part of these is they are great to freeze and pull out for a mid afternoon snack.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yummy. I'm so jealous; I can't even buy a jalapeno here.
Wow, you are ambitious! They look great! What did you do with the leftovers?
froze them
Post a Comment