Well this week we are wrapping up school. And I am ready for a little break. School has killed Gary Jr. this year. Grant had to make an ocelot sock puppet for his rainforest presentation. He is such a cutie!
Charlotte and her snuggle blankie. Can't be without it.I was reflecting on my experience as a mother. I have always oscillated being the highs and lows of motherhood, the companionship of having so many children and the burden of not having much freedom or free time. Seeing my baby sister have such a hard time with two and all the sisters weigh-in has made me realize how alone I was when it was really hard, and having to figure out a lot on my own. I know how critical I had others of me in my early parenting years was so very hard, I remember a relief society activity changing my life
Lately, I have seen my other friends move on in their callings and interests because of their availability and I felt a little stuck. Some growth is needed but I am just not sure in what direction. I would love to be involved with my older children, because I feel like I am missing out a lot on my older children's growing up experience because I have according to others"my hands full". I guess I didn't anticipate living in an high LDS population area would bring this kind of challenge. In Houston and my mother's growing up experience you were used regardless of your family size.
The other thing is the lack of help "babysitting" when I want to attend field trips and volunteer in my kids classes. I don't like to pawn my kids off, but I saw the one time I had a babysitter for Charli (a mom with 2 little girls) how much she loved the social interaction.
I remember this post, it is amazing that my body was able to do that 6 times! Have to add Charli's in....
Now I just have to raise these little people with testimonies, brains, talents, and a work ethic to rival mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment