What a week! We started on Sunday with Ben getting a migraine and throwing up twice. That prompted a Covid test and two days of isolation. Ugh. I had to cancel my tennis match and reschedule some dentist appointments. But the feeling like I am in jail is the topper. It is hard to Gary call the shots on the Covid, but not have his life be modified in anyway life mine is.
I started painting, or rather copying painting that spoke to me. This one made it on canvas on Sunday. It is acrylic. I was thinking on the restoration the whole time. What and event. What a prayer. I have been pondering the answer to the question: How has the restoration changed my life?
Tuesday we finished the hardware for the garage. Garage project complete! And it feels soooooo good. Cleaned out, painted, repainted with semi-gloss, had the floor epoxy done, sink backsplash, painted bike holder and mudroom, built garage cabinets, and got many organizer....
Before:
Thursday we found that all the kids will go back to school next week except the high school and Lily. But Lily does start soccer games next week, so I don't mind the online at all for her. It may even be better.
Rachel's birthday was a success. A fresh haircut, donuts at the park with friends, and cake at night with grandparents, and she looked forward all week to it. She had her menu planned out all week, crepes with nutella, quesadillas for lunch, and spagehetti for dinner. Man I can't believe she is six! My babies are growing up!!!!!
Saturday we cleaned the playroom, and went on a hike to Wind caves. It is one of our local favorite hikes. Lots of people and a ton of dogs this time. Gary got his second Covid vaccine, and was sick most of the afternoon. Hopefully he is fully protected now!I also restarted school this week. I don't know if this is the end all goal, but I started my first graduate school class. I have realized most the career choices I know I would like would not be flexible with my children's schedule. I would love being a PA or nurse or work anywhere in the medical field....but I want the flexibility of working from home and around my kids schedule. So I am stepping out the box a little and going for a Masters in Education. I think my goal is to become a teacher for BYU pathways. We'll see.....one class at a time. I felt on the edge of doing and not doing this, but I feel real good about it. Again, we will see.
It was full week, highs, lows, and change!
I have committed to scripture study this week. And it has been profound to read about Joseph's prayer to God when he is 17 to find out what he should be doing with his life. I really gravitated to this talk, a good reminder of why I am doing what I am doing with my own life.

No comments:
Post a Comment