Well this break has been interesting. I so looking forward to this year to ski at my Gma's house, but that wasn't really realistic with Covid. After last year (Gary had liver surgery Dec 17th), I was looking forward to the Christmas festivities that I have come to love.
Twas not to be. I didn't want to feel sad again, so I have encouraged Gary in his projects and threw myself into them as well, namely, redoing our garage.
So far we have:
1) cleaned the garage out.
2) Learned to use a paint sprayer and painted the garage. (with that thing it went SO fast)
3) Installed epoxy floor on the garage (we hired this one out)
4) Started building one giant wall of garage cabinets and cubbies in them to hold specific items.
We have yet to:
Finish said cabinets, and paint the mudroom and cabinet doors.
It has been a good way to bond with Gary. We have needed some alone time lately. Our backyard has looked liked a hoarder took over, but as we are slowly finding a cabinet cubby for each item, it is getting cleaner and cleaner. Gary and I bought a giant tool shelf on clearance at Lowe's yesterday and I think that will suffice for all the tools. Hopefully the back porch is once again free of stuff tomorrow (which is when we can roll the toolbox on the new epoxy floor).
Christmas was simple. Prime rib roast was cooked this year and is now my new favorite. (The Ham on Christmas Eve, I think I will not do anymore....too salty, and no one really gobbled it).
Not many treats....my kids have done a lot of the cooking, especially Ben. Helping me make toffee, but really I didn't do a ton of desserts like in years past. I don't know that anyone really missed it. The kids got bags on Lindor chocolate for xmas....Grant ate his xmas day and was sick, forcing me to implement a better diet for all involved with spinach smoothies and veggies again. Freedom of choice is so short lived.
One more week of break with the kids, but Gary does go back to work. I am thinking of getting Netflix and watching some shows with Lily.
The picture I painted with some extra time this week.
Freshly painted garage....learning to use the paint sprayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment