Friday, September 23, 2011

Van Gogh


He tried to become Van Gogh yesterday. It was my first trip to the ER ever. Hopefully the last. I was surprised how happy he was despite the IV in his arm and the obvious reason we were there. It doesn't take much by way of toys, to entertain a 1 year old for hours on end in a hospital room. It is lucky that we had a sink, since his favorite thing to do is wash his hands, dry them, and take the paper to the trash. This was accomplished at least 87 times.

We will be sporting this look for the next week. Hasn't slowed him down at all. He is not supposed to bump anything for the next 48 hours, which has turned me in to the paranoid mom. He toddles, every step looks like he is going to bump anything and everything. I don't know if I am cut out to be a mom of active crazy boys... too late for that.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good grief! Poor little guy, how scary for you and during your birthday week! ER trips are never fun, speaking from more experiences than I'd like to remember.

Lelani said...

What happened?? I'm glad he's okay.