Thursday, May 5, 2011

Miss L's first sewing project





Miss L is always crafting and trying to make things for her dolls. I thought it would be a good idea to give her a sewing lesson. And what better way to start than a doll quilt...all straight seams.


I must say, this was her project, she picked the colors, she cut our squares, sewed the squares together herself, and tied the quilt herself. Yes, it did come with a lot of coaching...me saying over and over "Stay on the 10" (which is the 1/4 inch mark for my machine. We did some unpicking at times, but she did a really good job. The only part I wouldn't let her do at all was iron and sew the bias tape on. What do you think?

4 comments:

Erika said...

So Impressed! That is great. I figured I'd teach my girls to quilt eventually...I can't believe L was able to do that well with it so young.

Meghan said...

Wow Pam. I am so impressed! I need to let Lauren try the machine...good thinking!

Jen and Curtis said...

Wow, you never cease to amaze me!

Plant Girl said...

Very fun! Kate has no interest in the sewing machine -- I try to get her to help me all the time.

Way to go, L!