This kid has thrown me for a few loops. It all started when he was born and came out with hair and +2 pounds compared to his siblings.
Today was his 9-month-well child visit. He is great. Except a roaring ear infection that I completely didn't catch. Bad mom #1. Thought it was teething (he did get another tooth TODAY).
And his head. We have been watching his head grow for months. The concern would be for inter cranial pressure causing a larger head OR the head is familial. The doctor looked at me and said "I don't think anything is wrong with your baby, it must be your husband." To which I am thinking, I don't think my husband had a big head. Which of course got me panicy.
I turned it over to Gary, who of course used his profession to determine if we indeed have big heads or if my son had a problem to be watched. According to the Weaver curve, (if you like statistics) WE BOTH HAVE BIG HEADS. I am almost a standard deviation above adult woman 0.76, and Gary is 1.53 standard deviations above adult men. Baby B falls right in between. 1.37 for 9-month old. There you have it. A whole family of big heads.
3 comments:
Now you've got me curious. I think Daniel's head is oversized (it may just be his hair though). Now I'm going to have to measure. lol
I know my head is oversized ... doesn't that make us all smarter? :-) I wear a large in adult unisex when buying helmets ... lol
Bigger head means bigger brains! My kids are all very proud of their "Fat Heads" London's first bike helmet was an adult medium.
My brothers son has my brothers head measurment on his chart so the Dr's don't freak out every time they bring him in for a check up.
Post a Comment