Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010




When I woke up this morning I was so excited. For a day of eating and football and eating some more. Little G has been waking up everyday this week say, "Is it Thanksgiving?" We were in charge of the sweet potatoes and Chocolate pie. But....

Well life today was a little different. Miss L woke up with the stomach flu. Little G was sick last weekend, and I thought the rest of us had come through unscathed, but it was not to be.

So my day of eating has turned into a day of cleaning, we finally unloaded all the dirt from our driveway into the backyard (we filled in the pond), and I did 8 loads of laundry, Lysoled all the doorknobs, cleaned the bathrooms, etc.

I was a little sad this morning at the prospect of not eating the traditional feast and not enjoying time socializing but I really tried to focus on the positive and today I spent entirely with my family, and it was great. I am so grateful for my family. And that is the thing that matters most.

My dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most~ President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Here's some of our day:

My sweet girl, thank goodness for DVDs
Chocolate pie of love.


These were last minute, I just couldn't imagine Thanksgiving without rolls.
I wasn't exaggerated when I said 8 loads....I don't have the strength to fold it yet.

And guess who was standing in his crib today!!!!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

The great thing about Thanksgiving is that really it goes a few days as there is always food left over. Hope you got to enjoy some. Hope Lily is feeling better.

PS...I'm am thankful for you and your sweet family. Our street does miss you. =-)

Diana said...

Did you paint the pict above your bed...it is really cool!