
Now that the insurance people are working with me and my stress level is a little lower than it was on Tuesday, I can say....
I was hit by a bus.
One of those big yellow school buses rolled back into me, because the driver decided to discipline a student and not put on the brake. It was really scary because I saw it coming, knew it was going to happened, honked madly, but had another car behind me. The worst part was probably waiting for 1 1/2 hours to go "through protocol". I had more contractions during that time, than the incident (I am not hurt in the slightest, just tend to have contractions when I am anxious).
I have to count my blessings:
1) Miss L refused to take a nap that day, and subsequently fell asleep 2 minutes before it happened and was asleep through the whole thing.
2) A good friend came and let me take her car to go home while she watched Miss L and let me get my pre-term labor medication (which I probably don't need at this point) but it made me feel better to have in my system, and quite frankly didn't want to go into labor at the scene.
3) Another good friend (who happens to work for the city government) waited the ordeal out with me and advised me on what would happen and what I should do (which is the thing I was most worried about considering I haven't been in an accident since I was 17 in my high school parking lot.)
4) It is our old car and not the new one, it just adds to the many other dents and scratches.
5) And most importantly, no one was hurt.
2 comments:
That's terrible. I'm so sorry. I hope the driver is reprimanded for being an idiot.
oh man, pam! craziness! glad you're okay. thank goodness for albuterol. :)
Post a Comment