Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Miss L's first major trauma

So today was Miss L's first major trauma. Hopefully there will be no emotional scars.

In her words:

"Mommy locked the car."
"It was scary"
"Daddy saved us"

As I was pulling Miss L out of the car for piano lessons, my student's dad came out to say they didn't realize we had piano lessons during spring break. So amid buckling Miss L back in the car and finishing the conversation with the dad, I locked my keys in the car.

Fortunately daddy was home with the keys about a mile away, and it wasn't summertime heat ...she could have died.

Unfortunately, it was pouring rain, and the power was out at our house, which means the phone was out as well, and I don't know Gary's new cell phone number by heart. Luckily, I do know my in-laws number by heart (thanks to getting lost one day running in Oregon...a story for another time). Unfortunately, the 5 minutes Miss L spent in the car screaming while Mommy was looking at her from outside the car were very traumatizing.

So now Miss L is sitting on my lap, we just finished looking at pictures of her...which she loves, and eating jelly beans and milk, and letting her ride her pink bike inside (buy only on the tile).

Lots of pampering for this girl today. Poor Miss L!

On a lighter note, here are pictures from the park yesterday.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Pam, I did the same thing to Sam when he was a little younger than Lily. He seems to have turned out okay:)