Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Purging

With this little guy on the way I/Gary have been doing some major purging. We are moving our office into our bedroom (which consists of a desk and bookcase) to make way for a room totally dedicated to new baby.

I don't think he really needs it, but Miss L has been particularly difficult, and when some blankets from Grandma arrived for the "new baby" she was really jealous. So I think the best thing will be to have her transition to her own "big girl bed" and new room, before, someone else invades her nursery. So with that in mind Gary and I have started purging.

You'd never think you collect enough stuff to give away while your still in school, but those maternity clothes that are very unflattering from someone in the ward 3 years ago I swore I would wear NEXT TIME I still haven't tried on, it is time for them to go; that shirt I love with a bleach stain down the front, yes it is time to go. Even that baby gift from Lily's shower I never liked, but didn't know what to do with but move 800 miles, yes it is time to go. So here is some of our treasures.

I find very sentimental value to ripped jeans I used to love or that brand new salad spinner or grill machine I just never use, but really we don't have the space and that is my motto. If only I had a sister closer to give at least the valuables too. What I am coming to realize is my sentimental valuables are still other peoples trash, and therefore, need to go.
We got this shelf too, to help organize stuff. Gary REALLY wanted it, and it is really organized.

I have rededicated myself to only buying things I will A) Use B)Really Like, even if they are slightly more expensive. My tendency is to go for the cheaper chicken, but then I end up never wearing or using what I have got.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I use my salad spinner almost everyday-- interesting, what someone treasures, another doesn't even use. And I threw out my George Foreman just to realize that I love panini sandwiches and that they are about the easiest lunch/dinner on the planet. So I bought a panini press-- basically the same thing as a Foreman. Now we use it all the time!! It does feel good to purge-- we did a major one before this move-- an entire van, top to bottom, front to back to Salvation Army. And that was only after having friends come over and take away what they wanted. It feels good to only have what you use. And if you find later that you want it (panini press) you can get one again!