Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful to be busy

Today I was grateful for the busy confusion of the day, including playing Thanksgiving songs on the organ, teaching my class about tithing, and a medical school pie party at my house. This week has been a little eye opening. Gary starts his first test tomorrow morning and to honest with the week mostly off from piano teaching, I have been a little lonely. Gary has been incognito with studying, and it made me realize just what I will be dealing with come January with clinics starting.

L and I did our best to keep busy, Wednesday I cooked like mad, Thursday morning I made rolls (and L made rolls with her play dough), we had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast at Leslie's, Friday we went to the zoo, then went shopping for sun glasses (L's request) and Christmas lights, and then got pizza. Saturday I snuck out and practiced the organ for a while then came home and decorated the house for Christmas. I wasn't going to do it until after L's birthday, but I don't think we will be doing a party this year, and I needed something to do.

This is the first Thanksgiving weekend (Wed-Saturday) without the bustle of family in the house, and it was a little lonely. I guess it makes me all that more thankful for good friends to share holidays with and time with my family when we can.


And I am thankful for Dec. 14th when Gary is mine for two whole weeks.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

finals are the worst, but the feeling you'll have when he has absolutely nothing to do for 2 weeks is kind of worth it. most people have to go to work Christmas eve. that's the good thing about grad school.
at least until clinics start, right. :( next Christmas might not be as nice.
i'm glad we had your family to eat with. i was missing my family, too.