My birthday was a hit. Despite having the hardest test of the 2 week period yesterday, Gary still managed breakfast in bed.
He earned extra brownie points and quite frankly almost made be cry with his present to me which apparently my family knew about, sneaky family..a trip to see my sister (who is moving to Japan shortly) next month.
The day was full of people making me feel loved, which is nice too.
The only down side was that I thought I deserved a nap (and L was wide awake, so I put on a movie). She woke me up and showed me what she had colored. Red marker on every piece of furniture I own including the couch and carpet. Now, I know this is mostly my fault for leaving a marker tempting in my piano stuff. Luckily it was a washable marker, and hot spot really works, but I am sure next time I need a nap she will have to go in the crib with some stories, and also markers have been banned from my house.
Later in the day my mom topped of Gary's gift with tickets to see Wicked when I am in L.A. with Shelley...a musical I have been dying to see. I play the music daily. In fact I told Gary last month that when we actually have money (10+ years) the first excursion I want is to see Wicked. He hinted this to my mom who generously obliged.
Last night was a wonderful dinner with just Gary and I at a local restaurant.. La Escondida. I actually didn't like my dinner at all but I really liked Gary's which was amazing steak, and he obligingly switched me.
I didn't think I liked steak anymore, and actually stopped buying it. I realized last night that it is the meat I buy (usually on sale) not steak itself. Every now and then I think I need some good red meat.
Overall a very nice day.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday. Glad it was fun.
P.S. The piano tuner is charging $95. I am using the "our county name" music center.
oh wow! you get to go see your sister. that's so wonderful. i know you're so sad about her moving so far away. what a great hubby and family you have! way to go gary! :)
happy late bday pam! it sounds great, except for the marker part. sounds like you need some color wonder stuff. i have a huge stash. come get some, please. :)
Post a Comment